Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) and offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
RBS offers English taught preparation courses for Bachelors and Masters. One Bachelor programme: International Business and three Master programmes: Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in Finance & Accounting and Master in International Supply Chain Management.
RBS is linked to a 'Hogeschool Rotterdam' Knowledge Centre where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation.
Rotterdam Business School is wants to recruit temporary starting 1 December 2019 to cover maternity leave: Operations Manager & Coordinator Student Affairs Masters of International Business (0,6 fte)
You support the educational Masters programmes in the administrative, organisational and logistic processes. You work closely with the course directors and the Operations Manager and the Coordinator Student Affairs.
- Advise the course director about staff planning, PTD, make study guide, year calendar
- Assist the department and Course Director with planning and preparation for the May 2020 Audit.
- Work closely with the logistics coordinator.
- Work with Osiris.
- Assist in the organisation of Introduction Week, together with Events (reserving rooms, making programme, catering, etc.). Presenting during Introduction Week.
- First point of contact for students.
- Work closely with student counsellors regarding students with problems or special needs.
- Arrange and record special facilities during exams in Osiris.
- Make individual arrangements for students (if needed) and keep all involved parties informed.
- Manage student files and keep notes in Osiris.
- Regularly check study progress together with programme coordinators.
- Draft letters, statements, forms for students upon request.
- Provide management information on study success rates etc.
- Report study progress (for IND purposes) to the Centre of International Affairs
- Manage end of block evaluations
- Responsible for financial process with extensions for MCE and MFA students.
- Your education is at HBO level.
- You have a good command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- You work precisely and accurately.
- You have experience with software programme Osiris.
- You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office programmes.
- You have a proactive and independent attitude.
- You are a team player and flexible.
- You easily identify bottlenecks and communicate about this with your colleagues and manager.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4) with the possibility of extension. The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 10 (€2,769.32 minimum and €4,192.37 maximum gross per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allow for a proper work/life balance.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information about this position and the selection procedure please contact Mr. Martin Ford, Course Director, Masters of International Business, telephone 0629 149 456.
On-line applications in English only.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.