Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) and offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
RBS offers English taught preparation courses for Bachelors and Masters. One Bachelor programme: International Business and three Master programmes: Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in Finance & Accounting and Master in Logistics Management.
RBS is linked to a 'Hogeschool Rotterdam' Knowledge Centre where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation.
Rotterdam Business School is wants to recruit a Lecturer Business Law (0,6-0,8 fte).
Rotterdam Business School encourages their students to develop into rounded and employable graduates who can take their place confidently as global citizens in the 21st century with an appropriate knowledge base, a deep understanding of its limitations as well as its potential, and a desire to apply and add to new knowledge.
In this inspiring learning environment you facilitate student learning by undertaking teaching activities and supervising and coaching students both individually and in projects.
In your position of lecturer you make an important contribution to educational innovation within the context of skills-based learning.
In order to carry out the duties effectively, the person appointed is required to have the following skills and experience:
- a doctoral (or HBO-master) degree in the subject required or in a closely related field;
- established teaching and coaching skills;
- (preferably) previous work experience with an international focus;
- a good understanding of current educational views, methods and techniques;
- the ability to integrate research-based and relevant current developments in the professional field into your teaching, thus pushing forward the boundaries of new knowledge;
- the ability to contribute to the development of the curriculum and parts of the educational programme;
- the ability to create a stimulating learning environment for the student;
- a flexible, and result- and student-oriented attitude, intercultural sensitivity;
- English language skills at least on CAE level or other relevant programme;
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good team worker;
- a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development;
- knowledge of and affinity with ICT.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4) with the possibility of extension. The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 10-11 (€2,769.32 minimum and €4,892.31 maximum per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information about this position or the selection procedure, please contact Mrs Jessica Schiltmans-Wit, course director IB, telephone 010-794 6722.
On-line applications in English only.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.