The Centre of International Affairs is the department within Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) that deals with all matters relating to internationalization, and has currently 28 staff members to help us reach our goal in supporting the university with its international ambitions.
The Centre of International Affairs is part of Rotterdam Business School, the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) that offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,500 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and around 240 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
The Centre of International Affairs (CoIA) wants to recruit a Junior International Marketing & Communication Officer (0,6 fte).
As an International Marketing & Communication Officer you will support team Recruitment and the internationalisation hub: Werkplaats Internationalisering. Team Recruitment consists of six people and is responsible for the marketing or our international full degree programmes abroad. The internationalisation hub is made of several representatives of the study programmes, and works on developing internationalisation within the whole university.
As an International Marketing & Communication Officer you will deliver both written and visual content for the social media channels such as Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. You are in contact with colleagues, students, lecturers and student associations to collect and publish content. You are responsible for creating a year calendar which takes the CoIA strategy in account. The position is available as per immediately.
You are responsible for content on the social media channels, including:
- Photos, videos and visuals.
- Control of the pages and platforms.
- Managing the publication- and analyzing of the tools: Coosto, Flowbox and Google Analytics.
- Controlling and editing copy of students and colleagues.
- You are the contact person for incoming questions on the social media.
- You are well informed about the latest developments and online tools.
- Your education is at MBO / HBO level.
- You are customer-oriented.
- You have excellent command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- You are proficient with online tools for social media.
- You have a proactive, independent and eager attitude.
- You work precisely and accurately; you have a strong attention to details.
- You are a team player and flexible.
- You easily identify bottlenecks and communicate about this with your colleagues.
- You have perseverance to do what is needed to make a project a success.
- You can prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines.
- You are articulate and confident when communicating with people.
- You have the ability to work independently and with changing teams, and switch between these two modes quickly.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 6 (€1,947.68 minimum and maximum €2,717.13 gross per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information on this position, please contact Enny Kraaijveld, Manager International Affairs, telephone number 010-7948095.
If you wish to respond to this vacancy, please send your cv and motivation letter in English.
Closing date: 27 September 2019
Online applications through our own website only!
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.