In the centre of Rotterdam, housed at the Wijnhaven, the institute of Communication, Media & Information Technology provides bachelor’s programmes in Computer Science, Technical Computer Science, Creative Media and Game Technologies, Communication, and Communication & Multimedia Design. The Computer Science department is seeking talented and committed teachers to reinforce the course programme. Within this programme we work with IT solutions based on primarily research and analysis. Focusing on software engineering, we make use of Python, C#, and Java.
We are looking for junior teachers for our Computer Science team, which focusses on providing our students with the highest quality of IT-related knowledge. To expand our Analysis learning line, we are looking for an enthusiastic candidate with a passion for problem solving and programming. An ideal candidate should have sufficient knowledge of the principles of Computer Science: Programming in Python (basics of Python, higher order functions, basics of OO in Python), Theoretical Concepts (Logic, Set Theory, Relations and Functions, basics of Combinatorics and Probability, Object Orienting modeling in UML). You will be working in a team of highly skilled and educated colleagues in an inspiring environment.
- You have an BSc or MSc in Computer Science, Software Engineering
- You have practical experience in programming
- You have experience in or affinity with higher professional education
- You have didactic and coaching skills
- You have a professional working attitude: flexibility, independency, student and team oriented
- You are prepared to continuously develop yourself through for example education
- You have a good command of Dutch or English (There is a possibility to teach in English)
- You are in possession of the Basic Education Qualification or you are willing to acquire it in the near future
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences offers a fixed term contract (one year D3 cao hbo), with the possibility of extension. Depending on your experience and training, the salary range is in HBO-CAO pay grade 10/11 (€2,769.32 minimum and €4,892.31 maximum per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information on this position and the selection procedure, please contact Albert Hofstede, course programme manager Computer Sciences at +31 10 794 6020.
Online applications through our own website only!
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.