The Centre of International Affairs is the department within Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) that deals with all matters relating to internationalization, and has currently 28 staff members to help us reach our goal in supporting the university with its international ambitions.
The Centre of International Affairs is part of Rotterdam Business School, the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) that offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,500 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and around 240 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
The Centre of International Affairs (CoIA) wants to recruit an Exchange officer / Project Manager (1 fte) per midst August 2019
To strengthen the Exchange team, we are looking for an Exchange Officer: an enthusiastic and proactive colleague who will work on staff mobility within the Erasmus + program, student mobility on 2 Dutch scholarship programmes and international university partnerships.
Your work focuses on the one hand on advising staff members and colleagues and on the other hand on the implementation of the activities. As an Exchange coordinator you ensure timely and adequate information about the possibilities and requirements of the scholarship programmes to the institutes and within the Exchange team. You make sure deadlines are met and participants fulfil all obligations.
Your responsibilities are:
- Processing scholarships and communicating with staff and students about the completion.
- Taking care of the finances and reporting.
- Establishing and renewing international university partnerships.
- Updating the international partnerships database.
- Collecting data and drawing up graphs for MT reports and exchange statistics.
As Project Manager your main responsibility is making sure that externally funded projects run according to internal and external requirements from the awarding of the grant to the closing of the project.
- Your responsibilities are:
- Taking care of the project administration, finances and reporting.
- Being the contact person between the funding organisation, project leaders, international partners and internal financial administration.
- Your education is at HBO level.
- You are customer-oriented.
- You possess knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- You have excellent command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- You have a proactive and independent attitude.
- You work precisely and accurately; you have a strong attention to details.
- You have a good understanding of finances.
- You are a team player and flexible.
- You easily identify bottlenecks and communicate about this with your colleagues.
- You have perseverance to do what’s needed to make a project a success.
- You can prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines.
- You are articulate and confident when communicating with people.
- You have the ability to work independently and with changing teams, and switch between these two modes quickly.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a offers you a fixed term contract (two years D3). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 9 (€2,769.32 minimum and €3,815.57 maximum per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information on this position or the selection procedure, please contact Enny Kraaijveld, Manager International Affairs, telephone number 010-794 8095.
If you wish to respond to this vacancy, please send your cv and motivation letter in English.
Closing Date: 10 July 2019
Online applications through our own website only.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.