The Centre of International Affairs is the department within Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) that deals with all matters relating to internationalization, and has currently 28 staff members to help us reach our goal in supporting the university with its international ambitions.
The Centre of International Affairs is part of Rotterdam Business School, the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) that offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,500 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and around 240 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
The Centre of International Affairs (CoIA) wants to recruit an Exchange & Housing officer (1.0 fte) per midst August 2019.
The position on offer is in the Exchange team. The Exchange team provides information and support to students and colleagues and is responsible for supporting the schools in the organization of international exchange activities. The exchange officer also plays an important role in the accessibility by phone, email and via the front office.
As Exchange Officer you work as an all-round exchange employee and you are the first contact for students and colleagues in an internationally oriented work environment. You perform administrative duties. During your work you identify points of improvement and you discuss these with your colleagues and manager. You provide students and colleagues with the information required.
Your duties are:
- Providing information to students and colleagues regarding scholarships and exchange possibilities (to and from Rotterdam).
- Processing scholarships and communicating with students about scholarships.
- Communication with partner universities about exchange possibilities in Rotterdam.
- Collecting data and drawing up graphs for exchange statistics.
- Adding data to the new international database system.
- Updating the international partnerships database.
- Monitoring accessibility by phone and email.
Concerning housing is CoIA responsible for the housing of the international students of the Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences.
As Housing officer your duties are:
- Having an adequate overview of the occupation of reserved rooms.
- Defining the volume of reserved rooms.
- Defining the allocation of rooms to the different students.
- Proactively preventing room vacancies.
- Advising on possible growth or reduction of the volume of rooms and contract dates, in close consultation with the coordinators internationalization.
- Taking care of the communication regarding prices, availability, room approvals and cancelations, in close consultation with SSH (Stichting Studenten Huisvesting).
- Deciding on the allocation of rooms in close consultation with the CoIA colleagues.
- Advising students on possibilities of alternative housing.
- Maintaining a good relationship with SSH.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the coordinators internationalisation of the institutes who need housing for their students.
- Maintaining a good relationship with the municipality, housing providers and other universities.
- Your education is at MBO+ / HBO level.
- You are customer-oriented.
- You possess knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, especially of Excel.
- You have excellent command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- You have a proactive and independent attitude.
- You work precisely and accurately.
- You are a team player and flexible.
- You easily identify bottlenecks and communicate about this with your colleagues of the back office.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4 ). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 8 (€2,529.33 minimum and €3,386.57 maximum per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information about this position and the selection procedure, please contact Enny Kraaijveld, Manager International Affairs, telephone number 010-794 8095.
If you wish to respond to this vacancy, please send your cv and a motivation letter in English.
Closing Date: 10 July 2019
Online applications through our own website only.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.