Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) and offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
RBS offers English taught preparation courses for Bachelors and Masters. One Bachelor programme: International Business and three Master programmes: Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in Finance & Accounting and Master in Logistics Management.
RBS is linked to a 'Hogeschool Rotterdam' Knowledge Centre where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation.
Rotterdam Business School is wants to recruit a Communication Advisor.
- Develops the RBS communication plan, and advises the study programmes about (policy-related) communication issues.
- Gives advice about RBS external communication, and about the positioning of the study programmes in this regard.
- Gives advice about using communication resources and ensures development thereof.
- Drafts Service Level Agreements in collaboration with course directors (including Minor courses) with regard to their communication requirements, and determines in cooperation with fellow communication advisor(s) and manager(s) which tasks will be carried out, and which will not.
- Develops the possibilities for support by means of ‘menu cards’.
- Is first point of contact for the Dean with regard to HRBS strategic communication issues.
- Conducts the same tasks as the communications officer, but, in addition, is also the contact person for the course directors (including Minor courses) about their communication needs.
- Your education is at HBO/Academic level.
- You have excellent command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- Competencies: pro-active, independent, knowledgeable about legislation and regulations, able to manage information systems.
- You have a proactive, commercial and independent attitude.
- You are customer-oriented.
- You possess knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- You work precisely and accurately.
- You are a team player and flexible.
- You easily identify bottlenecks and communicate about this with your colleagues of the back office.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as (senior) communications advisor.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 9, €2,769.32 minimum and €3,815.57 maximum per month for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information about this position, please contact Mr. Wilkin van Erp, Operations Manager, telephone number 010-794 4969.
If you are interested, please send your CV and letter of motivation (in English).
Online applications through our own website only!
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.