Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences) and offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
RBS offers English taught programs at Bachelors and Masters level. One Bachelor programme: International Business, two Master programmes: Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in International Supply Chain Management, and a pre-master program.
RBS is linked to a 'Hogeschool Rotterdam' Knowledge Centre Business Innovation where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation with the educational programs and the workfield.
For our Master of International Supply Chain Management, RBS is recruiting Senior Lecturer Supply Chain Management (0,8 - 1,0 fte)
Rotterdam Business School encourages their students to develop into rounded and employable graduates who can take their place confidently as global citizens in the 21st century with an appropriate knowledge base, a deep understanding of its potential as well as its limitations, a critical mind and the ability to collaborate and conduct applied research to current challenges.
In this inspiring learning environment you facilitate student learning by undertaking teaching activities and by supervising and coaching students both individually and in group projects.
In your position of lecturer you collaborate with other lecturers, researchers and external partners to provide a coherent and up to date program.
In order to carry out the duties effectively, the person appointed is required to have the following skills and experience:
- a master (or HBO-master) or PhD degree in the subject required or in a closely related field;
- a proven track-record in either an academic environment and/or the work field of supply chain;
- established teaching and coaching skills;
- (preferably) relevant previous work experience with an international focus;
- a good understanding of current educational views, methods and techniques;
- the ability to integrate research-based and relevant current developments in the professional field into your teaching;
- the ability to contribute to the development of the curriculum and parts of the educational programme;
- the ability to create a stimulating learning environment for the student;
- a flexible, and result- and student-oriented attitude;
- intercultural sensitivity;
- English language skills at least on CAE level or other comparable programme;
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good team worker;
- a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development;
- knowledge of and affinity with ICT.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a one year contract with the possibility of an extension. The salary range is HBO-CAO scale 11 (€3,658.64 minimum and €5,026.85 maximum per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allow for a proper work/life balance.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information about this position or the selection procedure, please contact Mrs Jessica Schiltmans, course director MIB, telephone +31 6 1521 9422.
On-line applications in English only.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.