Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (RUAS), which in Dutch stands for Hogeschool Rotterdam. RBS offers undergraduate and graduate education in business and economics. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and over 270 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach. Intercultural competency is part of our DNA.
RBS offers English taught programs at Bachelors and Masters level. Our Bachelor programme is in International Business. Our Master programmes are Master in Consultancy and Entrepreneurship, Master in International Supply Chain Management. We also offer a pre-master program. Sustainability is an important theme throughout all of our programs
RBS is linked to a RUAS Knowledge Centre Business Innovation, where practice-oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation with the educational programs and the work field.
Rotterdam Business School is looking to recruit a:
Lecturer (Digital) Marketing Rotterdam Business School (1,0 fte); starting as soon as possible
Rotterdam Business School encourages their students to develop into rounded and employable graduates who can take their place confidently as global citizens in the 21st century with an appropriate knowledge base, a deep understanding of its limitations as well as its potential, and a desire to apply and add to new knowledge.
In this inspiring learning environment you facilitate student learning by undertaking teaching activities and supervising and coaching students both individually and in projects.
In your position of lecturer you make an important contribution to educational innovation within the context of competency-based learning.
For the coming period Rotterdam Business School is seeking to appoint a marketing lecturer for the Bachelor programmes, who will be responsible for delivering classes on marketing in various years. Topics range from introduction to business marketing, consumer behaviour and branding, marketing communication, Marketing & Sales and service marketing.
In order to carry out the duties effectively, the person appointed is required to have the following skills and experience:
- a doctoral (or HBO-master) degree in the subject required or in a closely related field;
- established teaching and coaching skills;
- previous work experience in the field of (digital) marketing;
- previous work experience with an international focus;
- a good understanding of current educational views, methods and techniques;
- the ability to integrate research-based and relevant current developments in the professional field into your teaching, thus pushing forward the boundaries of new knowledge;
- the ability to contribute to the development of the curriculum and parts of the educational programme;
- the ability to create a stimulating learning environment for the student;
- a flexible, and result- and student-oriented attitude, intercultural sensitivity;
- English language skills at least on CAE level or other relevant programme;
- excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, and a good team worker;
- a demonstrable commitment to continuous professional development;
- knowledge of and affinity with ICT.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (till 31 July 2022 – D4). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 11 (€ 3,658.64 minimum and € 5,026.85 maximum per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme, and allow for a proper work/life balance.
NB: at Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences you start as an inexperienced teacher in salary scale 10. This is the starting position in your career as a teacher. You can progress to core lecturer, university lecturer and senior lecturer. For this development it is necessary that you have a master's degree at the next step.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
For more information about this position, please contact Mrs Myrga Bruins-van Dee, course director IB, by email email@example.com.
Applications through our own website only.
Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.