Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is the international institute of Hogeschool Rotterdam (Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences), located at Posthumalaan and Kralingse Zoom and offers undergraduate and graduate education in international business. With approximately 3,700 students from both Europe and the rest of the world, and well over 200 international employees (academic and administrative), Rotterdam Business School has an international intake and a global reach.
Rotterdam Business School offers an International Business bachelor programme, comprising the differentiations International Business & Management (IBM), International Business and Languages (IBL), International Business for Asia (IBA) and International Business and Supply Chain Management (IBS). Moreover, the school offers English-taught preparation courses for the Master programmes and two Master programmes: Master in Consultancy & Entrepreneurship and Master in Supply Chain Management.
RBS is linked to a 'Hogeschool Rotterdam' knowledge centre where practice oriented research relevant to the professional practice and contributing to the quality of education is conducted in cooperation.
Rotterdam Business School (RBS) is looking to appoint an Education Officer- Examination Office (0.8 fte) for the Administration Office.
The Administration Office provides the administrative, organisational and logistic support of the study programmes. In this office enthusiastic employees render day-to-day services in support of students and teaching staff, planning of the educational activities, scheduling and information supply of the Institute. The Administration Office consists of a back office with a team of coordinators, an examination office with a logistic coordinator and a front office. The coordinator of education reports to the head of the Administration Office.
The Administration Office consists of a back office with a team of coordinators, an examination office with a logistic coordinator and a front office. The support officer reports to the head of the Administration Office.
The position on offer is in the RBS examination office, which is in charge of the correct processing of the organisation of the digital and written examinations:
- to monitor the deadlines and to collect the exams in time;
- to process the exams according to the planning and quality demands;
- to register students in Osiris and Remindo;
- to enter the questions and answer key in the digital test system;
- to monitor and organise the entire (digital) testing process;
- to assist and train lecturers in the entire testing process;.
- to arrange invigilators;
- to prepare attendance sheets;
- to process the archiving of examinations.
You work together with your colleagues in a challenging environment. You are flexible and, next to your own duties, you assist your colleagues in the examination process.
- Your education is at MBO+ level.
- You are a team player and you are flexible.
- You work precisely and accurately.
- You can switch easily among different topics and you are used to dealing with difficult issues.
- You have a proactive and independent attitude and notice scope for improvements.
- You communicate easily.
- You work service oriented towards lecturers and students.
- You have a good command of English and Dutch, both orally and in writing.
- Preferably you have experience with the software programmes Osiris and Remindo.
- You are an experienced user of Microsoft Office programmes, specifically in Excel.
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences (Hogeschool Rotterdam) offers you a fixed term contract (one year D4). The salary range is HBO-CAO grade 7 (€2,273.10 minimum and €3,077.54 maximum gross per month) for fulltime employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities, an attractive pension scheme and allow for a proper work/life balance.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information about this position and the selection procedure, please contact Vera Franken, Head of Administration, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to respond to this vacancy, please send your motivation letter in English and Dutch.
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.