We are looking for teachers for the Information Science course, which focusses on providing our students with the highest quality of IT-related knowledge. To expand our team, we are looking for an enthusiastic IT candidate with a passion for programming and who is ready to seek out ICT solutions together with our students. You have sufficient knowledge of the principles of Computer Science: Programming (Python, C#, Java, etc.), Theoretical Concepts (Logic, Set Theory, Functions, Algebra etc.) and Algorithms. You will be working in a team of highly skilled and educated colleagues in an inspiring environment.
- You have an MSc or PhD in Computer Science
- You are an expert in one or more of the following topics:
- Distributed systems, Web Technologies, Concurrency and Parallel Computing, Database Technologies, Paradigms or Programming, System Analysis and Design, Privacy and Security, Data Science / AI.
- You have practical professional experience
- You have experience in or affinity with higher professional education
- You have didactic and coaching skills
- You have a professional working attitude: flexibility, independency, student and team oriented.
- You are prepared to continuously develop yourself through for example education
- You have a good command of Dutch or English
- You are in possession of the Basic Education Qualification or you are prepared to acquire it in the near future
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences offers a fixed term contract (one year D3 cao hbo), with the possibility of extension. Depending on your experience and training, the salary range is in HBO-CAO pay grade 10/11 (€2,769.32 minimum and €4,892.31 maximum per month) for full-time employment, exclusive of 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Our fringe benefits include excellent training facilities and an attractive pension scheme.
To be able to submit a certificate of good behaviour (VOG) is a requirement for employment at Hogeschool Rotterdam.
For more information on this position and the selection procedure, please contact Albert Hofstede, course programme manager Computer Sciences at +31 10 794 6020.
Online applications only!
Please do not make use of this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.