The Willem de Kooning Academy is an international institute for professional art & design education. The WdKA is part of the Hogeschool Rotterdam and collaborates with several international and local partners. The vision on art education and recent experience with online version of teaching, emphasise the importance of developing blended learning opportunities.
As a ‘blended-learning-specialist’ you will be the responsible for the development and training of all blended-learning activities for tutors within the Willem de Kooning Academy (WdKA) The role requires the ability to support the institute, and provide new insights based on collaboration with our partners within the Rotterdam University and local partners as Codarts ( university of performing arts Rotterdam). You’ll be part of the Education Station team at the WdKA. This is the centre of our learning community. We collect and distribute knowledge, and stimulate new initiatives related to teaching and art education. In addition to our specific programmes, we offer activities, and events about art education. Our team also supports and develops our online learning environment mywdka.nl. In the near future we expect to add or implement other LMS in coordination with the Rotterdam university.
Description (duties include)
- Developing long and short-range plans for the design and implementation of blended learning;
- Serving as a project manager for online course development and redevelopment;
- Assisting in developing instructional strategies, course materials, assessment techniques, appropriate integration of instructional technologies, and best practices;
- Ensuring course quality by proofreading, and editing courses at multiple stages of development, documenting required changes;
- Training the education departments in the effective use of instructional tools, instructional technologies, and educational best practices;
- Assisting education departments to meet accessibility compliance requirements for online courses and digital learning content;
- Familiarity with learning management systems (e.g., Moodle, Canvas, Brightspace), knowledge of Web authoring tools and an awareness of Web-based tools;
- Managing relationships with blended-learning partners of related institutes/partners;
- Developing and providing tutor training in collaboration with support staff from IT and education;
- Ensure awareness and compliance with all IT compliance standards (security, privacy, etc.).
Profile (qualification include)
- Bachelors degree (required) or master’s degree in art education (preferred) or a degree in pedagogy, education & innovation, curriculum design or related field or disciplines;
- Demonstrated experience developing and designing face to face, fully online and hybrid/blended courses;
- Demonstrated experience working with learning management/online learning platforms in higher art education;
- Three year’s teaching experience in higher art education using online technologies;
- Excellent writing skills – to write clear, well-organized, engaging training materials, and to develop creative media scripts and storyboards;
- Communication and collaboration skills - to work well as part of a design team, with subject matter experts, and with other project stakeholders;
- Experience with information technology, blended learning, online assessments, and (online) inclusive pedagogy;
- Fluent in Dutch and English (Cambridge);
- Experience with: MS Teams and Wordpress, modern learning management systems and (web) authoring tools;
- Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, flexible and a creative mind;
- Critical thinker with problem-solving skills;
- Ability to build relationships within (and between) the organization(s).
Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences offers a temporary contract with the possibility for extension. The salary ranges from €2,845.48 to €5,026.85 gross per month (salary scale 10 or 11) for a full time employment, exclusive of additional 8% holiday pay and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. Secondary benefits include professional training opportunities and an attractive pension scheme.
All staff members of Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences must be able to submit a Certificate of Conduct (Verklaring Omtrent Gedrag, VOG) issued by the Dutch Minister of Justice and Security.
Informal enquiries about the position or the selection procedure can be directed to Danai Fuengshunut via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline for applications: August 24, 2020
Please do not use this vacancy as an acquisition opportunity.